Wednesday, October 12, 2011

CAUTION!!!

I have never been someone who cooks. My version of cooking for myself is a package of Ramen-- I like to eat fast and be on my way with as little dishes as possible, since I live by myself in Highland. However, yesterday I had the GRAND idea to cook fettucini alfredo for myself. I put on a record and wore clothes that I could imagine wearing as some adorable 1950's housewife. I stirred the alfredo with such delicacy and meticulousness. It was a wonderful meal-- I didn't know I could cook so well! However, upon putting the noodle box back into the pantry, I had the grand idea to look inside the box. I don't know what my thought process was in doing this, but I wish I hadn't looked in it. What I found there was.... a live roach. Oh, yes. I had just made myself some tasty roach alfredo. This is why cooking when one lives in Highland is a horrible idea.

4 comments:

  1. All I can say to that is "OH MY!" I think it was that intuition in us that pushed you to check inside the box. Good thing that you did, so you know for future cooking endeavors. That really stinks since you were trying to do something different, something to treat yourself. I don't know much about Highland, but I can relate somewhat to your experience. I was sitting on the loveseat last week, just relaxing, when a humongous roach came out of nowhere and run across the carpet. We live behind a trench/ditch that seem to house all kinds of critters. These critters often find their way into our home. I'm so looking forward to when our lease is up. I try to look at the positive in situations, so the positive is that you found out that you are a great cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! I often make my husband 3 packs of Ramen noodles for a quick snack since he is a big eater. However, I can’t say I found a roach inside. :) You did say the food turned out delicious, so I guess “out of sight, out of mind” or the “ten second rule” applies here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just try to focus that it wasn't the roach itself....maybe that helps.....lol
    O My......Part of living in the south reguardless of where it might be (: we all eat out too much & theres no telling what might just contain ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to keep your noodles in a tightly sealed container! My staples go in glass jars with snug lids!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete