Friday, September 9, 2011

Down, Nostalgia!

I am down today. Very down.

All the songs I hear are reminders of when I didn't know to be sad. I tripped over a rolling chair. My coworker cussed out my boss. I'm out of cigarettes. I have to take a shower when I get home, when I really need to get to Starbucks to study so that I can be done by tonight.

I just want to be held. I want to draw words and pictures on my sisters back while we're supposed to be sleeping (she'll never guess this one). I want my dad to put me in pj's again cuz I fell asleep in the car. I want to take back the time that I got mad at him when he did this - when we both realized I was getting older. I want to ride home listening to the Beatles with my dad after church and take my tights off in the car, hanging my legs out of the window (because only daddy let me do that.) I want to plan to run away, but never wake up when I was supposed to. I want to chase lightning bugs. I don't want to grow old.

Hormone's are a horrible thing.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your Friday ended on a better note than it started. Reading your post reminds me of an episode that I watched on a TV show "The Golden Girls".

    One of the characters was having a day much like yours, when one of her roomates likened her feeling down to "magenta". She went on to explain that magenta is not quite feeling blue, but also not like feeling grey and gloomy. Magenta is having a day that's just not quite you, when everything is just a little off kilter. I know it sounds crazy, but seems like you were having a magenta type of day.

    Hopefully the rest of your weekend will produce only colors of happiness and joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of these days today! I was at work all day and nothing seemed to go right! I just wanted to be back at home with mom and dad (when they were still together) and be sneaking in my brothers room after bedtime to watch tv, because neither one of us could sleep. Life was simple, much less strenuous, and my biggest responsibility was walking the dog. Now, there's a never ending list of things that need done and bills that need paid. I feel ya girl. I just try to think of the good days when everything feels like it just magically falls into place. those are the days WORTH remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the saying: growing old is mandatory; growing up is not.

    Stay young at heart!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete